sneal
  • sneal
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
This may not be the forum to post this thread but is converting to dual ciruit brakes a good idea?? and if so is it a complicated proceedure??

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Bengt H
14 years ago
I have done it on my -57 cabrio, using a VW dual master cylinder and a Volvo 240:oops: container. The Volvo:oops: container fits right in the VW master cylinder, no problems.
pre67vw
14 years ago

This may not be the forum to post this thread but is converting to dual ciruit brakes a good idea?? and if so is it a complicated proceedure??

sneal wrote:

I think it's a good idea, having experienced a master cylinder failure in a single circuit '66 and ploughing into the back of my brothers type 2 :shock:

For my cabrio I bought a '67 only reservior that sits where the original does behind the spare tyre, but is a little bit bigger. For the Oval, I put another oval reservoir next to the original one (I think it looks kinda kool). The hardest part for me was that the size of pipe that the dual circuit master cylinder uses is larger than the reservoir ends, so I had to make some step down adapters.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW