Poll Question: Are there any available? (Poll is closed)

Total: 1

54 Gertie
15 years ago
Hello all!

As some of you may know I have just bought a lovely pair of SWF slim wingtop indicators to fit to my 63! He does currently not have the holes on the top of the wing and I dont know anyone locally who has this early a beetle that I can go and measure....

So, Would anyone one here be willing got out at some point and brace the cold January weather to get me some measurements and some pictures of these holes?:beer: :wink:

Ideally from OG wings but this is not essential, but I would like them to be in the original spot on the wing! I believe that the later type of indicator is mounted slightly further out in the car!:wink:

Many thanks in advance!

Will :lol:

UserPostedImage
William
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
RoRoVw
15 years ago
Yes the front indicators on the '63 are considerably further out from the wing beading than on say a '65 car. They are also much further forward on the wing than you would at first imagine. I'm sorry but I can't measure the position on my '63 just at the moment as I've only moved it this last weekend into a friend's garage where I can readily accesss it for a while. In any case the front wings on mine aren't original although I'm happy with the position of the indicators. I should say that they are pretty much on the centre line of the headlights. If you can find an original sales brochure of the period on line somewhere then they have some pretty good photos showing the position of the indicators.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Yes the front indicators on the '63 are considerably further out from the wing beading than on say a '65 car. They are also much further forward on the wing than you would at first imagine. I'm sorry but I can't measure the position on my '63 just at the moment as I've only moved it this last weekend into a friend's garage where I can readily accesss it for a while. In any case the front wings on mine aren't original although I'm happy with the position of the indicators. I should say that they are pretty much on the centre line of the headlights. If you can find an original sales brochure of the period on line somewhere then they have some pretty good photos showing the position of the indicators.

RoRoVw wrote:

Cheers Rob!

Ill check on The Samba for original VW pictures on manuals etc!:beer:

Cheers!

William
GKL 7
15 years ago
What happened to.......

Good beetles ended at 1953.

GETS MY VOTE
54 Gertie
15 years ago