69project
15 years ago
ive heard there may be some stuff for us there...
Car less.....
mrsherbie
15 years ago

You cannot be serious. If you're in to VW's, stock, modified or custom, this is one of the best shows of the year...:beer:

55Kab wrote:

I went to the first one in Birmingham? and been to 2 at Sandown but I just dont like it, I cant be bothered with fighting crowds indoors to look at cars 99% of which I wouldnt want to own anyway, not enough interest for me to go just to see maybe just the 1 or 2 really good stock or original cars that will be there. I have to really want to go to a show that is crowded. Especially Volksworld where every grubby oik drags his greasy chippy hands across other peoples pride & joys 😶 You must have seen the state of the cars on display there at the end of each day! :shock: I would put a razor wire electric fence around them, that would stop the buggers :lol:

Stanford Hall is miles better! :d

Owen is going one of the days just to deliver parts. He will be in our dove 65 bus (it will be in the front carpark/for sale area) I have been using it daily recently its so lovely but I am not allowed to keep it as a pet grr!!

UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

Especially Volksworld where every grubby oik drags his greasy chippy hands across other peoples pride & joys.

mrsherbie wrote:

Hey Missie, whaddoyoucare anyway, you just said ..."to look at cars 99% of which I wouldnt want to own."
...and leave us Oiks alone...I only go for the chips and a bugfondle.

In the unlikely event of anyone wanting to meet me...I'll be there on the Sunday.
John.
GKL 7
15 years ago

Owen is going one of the days just to deliver parts. He will be in our dove 65 bus (it will be in the front carpark/for sale area) I have been using it daily recently its so lovely but I am not allowed to keep it as a pet grr!!

UserPostedImage

mrsherbie wrote:

:shock: Sort of a Stealth "For Sale" Ad really.
mrsherbie
15 years ago
:lol: Yes I hadnt thought of that, I have fixed it now! as I want us to keep it anyway :lol: Actually I put the pic up so you lot might pester him, you know how he hates that! :lol:

To be fair to the show, I do always tell anyone who has never been to go, as I think it's still a very good show, just not really my thing anymore.
69project
15 years ago
its a bit like marmite isnt it!

yes the pain getting off the a3 is a nuisance and the ridiculous queues/prices of the fish and chips,but you do feel as though its the first big show and its best to go just incase you miss something(like the volksworld girls in skimpy catsuits!)

certainly no lavenham....

taking my dad with me,having a father/son bonding day if i can get him out of bed!
Car less.....
vintagevw
15 years ago
I'll pass.
Too much work! :d
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

too bling, too many repro parts, too many people, too indoors. too blurgh.

mrsherbie wrote:

Sorry i'm also with Anna, I often go, pay alot to get in to see alot of cars that aren't my cup of tea and wonder why I bothered :roll:
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
15 years ago

I often go, pay alot to get in to see alot of cars that aren't my cup of tea and wonder why I bothered :roll:

nev wrote:

Thats exactly what I do, I'm sure it'll be the same this time as well - but now I've arranged to pick up some parts so I've got to go...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
15 years ago

Thats exactly what I do, I'm sure it'll be the same this time as well - but now I've arranged to pick up some parts so I've got to go...

pre67vw wrote:

GOOD! because :

UserPostedImage

TO TAKE LOTS OF PICS!! :beer: :d

GKL 7
15 years ago

I often go, pay alot to get in to see alot of cars that aren't my cup of tea and wonder why I bothered :roll:

nev wrote:

Alright Kev,you OK:wink:

A few people have made this remark.
If i found this was the case,i think it would only take the one visit :lol:

The thing about Volksworld,the cars might not be to your taste, but you must admit some of the work is of the highest quality.
Therefore you should visit and appreciate what is there.
Finish your stock cars to an equally high standard and apply to exhibit,then it will be more attractive for stock lovers to visit.
Many people complain about the show,but it is literally in your hands to change it.
I know Ivan and the crew won't turn a car away for being stock, it just needs to be well done.
harveypj
15 years ago

The thing about Volksworld,the cars might not be to your taste, but you must admit some of the work is of the highest quality.
Therefore you should visit and appreciate what is there.
Finish your stock cars to an equally high standard and apply to exhibit,then it will be more atractive for stock lovers to visit.
Many people complain about the show,but it is literally in your hands to change it.
I know Ivan and the crew won't turn a car away for being stock, it just needs to be well done.

'50 Karmann wrote:

well said,

Stock......the new custom
54 Gertie
15 years ago

well said,

harveypj wrote:

Peter, you kept quiet about your car! :roll: :shock:

:lol:
William
harveypj
15 years ago

Peter, you kept quiet about your car! :roll: :shock:

54 Gertie wrote:

Go back to page 2 and have another look Will.[-x
I did not get involved in the general chat about the show as I thought I'd be on for a bashing if I said I have to admire the dedication and 'O.C.D' that goes into the modified cars. I realy do quite like them:oops: , Stock will always rule obviously,:d each to their own and all.

What about the Texas Browm sunroof? and the stock Samba?.......very nice.8)

Shame I was not there today would loved to have chat, I had to work Fri night. I originaly also had to work Sun night too but have managed to book it off. Ivan originaly mentioned puting my 58 on the Volksworld stand but I think I was religated to the lower ranks to facilitate a quick get away on the Sunday for work. (never mind) Still, at least we kept the other stockers company:d
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Go back to page 2 and have another look Will.[-x
I did not get involved in the general chat about the show as I thought I'd be on for a bashing if I said I have to admire the dedication and 'O.C.D' that goes into the modified cars. I realy do quite like them:oops: , Stock will always rule obviously,:d each to their own and all.

What about the Texas Browm sunroof? and the stock Samba?.......very nice.8)

Shame I was not there today would loved to have chat, I had to work Fri night. I originaly also had to work Sun night too but have managed to book it off. Ivan originaly mentioned puting my 58 on the Volksworld stand but I think I was religated to the lower ranks to facilitate a quick get away on the Sunday for work. (never mind) Still, at least we kept the other stockers company:d

harveypj wrote:

Yes! I really shouldnt just skip to the end of the discussion!:roll: :lol:

Yes I saw the brown sunroof car but unfortunately it was not texas but medium brown! Not nearly as nice! :lol: I innitially thought that it was just a bad mix as it did not have the correct greenish fleck to it but upon reading the tech sheet, it said the colour! :wink:

I also (stupidly I know) rather liked the slammed Tempo Matedor outside! :shock: :roll: :lol: (50'Karmann ban?)

I'll be there tommorow so hope to see you around! Rest assured, I will be somewhere close to your car! 😎 :beer:
William
harveypj
15 years ago
not texas brown...ooops:oops: :lol: cars did not have tech sheets when I left on Friday, my car was not even in possition. I left them with the keys:cry: cars were still arriving.

I'll make a point of returning to my car on every hour so hopefully we'll meet up.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

I left them with the keys:cry:

harveypj wrote:

Is that why I saw Ivan next to it with some keys, a socket set and a narrowed beam?:? :shock:

William
harveypj
15 years ago
:evil: You are an evil kid Will.....I've still got to sleep tonight[-x

54 Gertie
15 years ago

harveypj wrote:

And the funny thing is you think im joking! UserPostedImage

Try and sleep now! :wink:
William
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

harveypj wrote:

Ha. That's not all you have to worry about... you should have seen his green eyes while he was admiring your car earlier! I'm surprised he hasn't already asked you for dibs if you ever decide to sell it! Mind you, there's probably a long queue already. :d
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab