RockStock
15 years ago
an award at peppercorn from IM, & a mugshot in VolksWorld!
StockRocks
harveypj
  • harveypj
  • Stock "Wolfie" Smith Topic Starter
15 years ago
😎
There's more to come, keep em peeled. :d :d
Stock......the new custom
RockStock
15 years ago
i have seen a preview of the feature
'unbelievably at the project outset pj harvey got slaughtered by some stock-nazi forum know-it-all'
8)
StockRocks
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Volume 4 Number 5. Sorry for the delay!

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
harveypj
  • harveypj
15 years ago

'unbelievably at the project outset pj harvey got slaughtered by some stock-nazi forum know-it-all'
8)

RockStock wrote:

:shock: "No"... some people :roll:
:wink:
harveypj
  • harveypj
15 years ago

Volume 4 Number 5. Sorry for the delay!

Rich.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Cheers Rich, now just got to find a copy.

RockStock
15 years ago
Peter, super nice feature
VolksWorld, super nice feature, good issue
UserPostedImage
RS, crap scan!
StockRocks
bayareabug58
15 years ago
Harvey I am flabergasted at the pictures of your 58 beetle. Your painter put a lot of time into mixing the Glacier Blue color which might I add is the best match I have ever seen. My problem is that I live in California (USA) and for 2 months now I have searched and searched for a shop to duplicate my 58 Ragtop Glacier Blue color. My car has faded tremendously and the previous owner resprayed it but not in Glacier Blue. Either way it stands right now I have been trying my hardest every day to get a color match to respray my 58 back to it's original color. I swear I am almost out of HAIR on my head and I am only 29yrs old. Please if there is any way I can obtain a proper FORMULA for the L334 Glacier Blue I will be in your debt forever. Here is what I have right now and by gosh this car will be resprayed GLACIER BLUE come hell or high water.
For some reason photobucket is not letting me post a picture of my VW??? I will try to re post some time a pic of the car. Please Thank You for any input on a FORMULA L334 Glacier Blue.

harveypj
  • harveypj
15 years ago
Thanks, it is a great colour

I'll have a word with Martin my painter, his paint supplier managed to get an original formula it took them quite a while to fnd it. I know they had to specialy order some of he tints, ones they had not used before.
Oficialy its a metalic, but the early metalics come up almost pearly looking, the metal fleck is alot more subtle (softer)than modern ones.
Not sure about in the states but here in the uk we are in the middle of paint specs changing from solvent based to water based, My 58 was done using 2k paint. If I were to order the paint now it would probably have to be in water based and may come up a little different. ( I have 4Ltrs spare for this reason )
I'll see what I can do regarding formula and contacts.

bayareabug58
15 years ago
Harvey I cannot express enough gratitude for your help. I can get just about any type of paint here in the US, some are harder than others to obtain. Even just a phone # and a name to call for the info would be good. Any info at this point and time is better than what I have found.

God Bless You Harvey and your Beautiful 58.
harveypj
  • harveypj
15 years ago
Have you tried 'Glacurit', I thought they would have had a formula.
bayareabug58
15 years ago
Maybe It's just me and I am not using their website properly but I have tried and came up with nothing.:cry:
Just went back to Glasurit and searched again. All that came up was Atlas Blue.:?
GKL 7
15 years ago

VolksWorld, super nice feature

RockStock wrote:

That's the second best cover car i've seen:wink:
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
I love that car even more now- 100 bonus points to you Pete for doing the car justice. I just wish that I had bought it when I had the chance :roll:

Anyhow, It inspired me to wheel my unrestored Welsh '59 out of the garage a few weeks ago. Mine has been off the road since 2002, so I decided to get it running and take it for a spin 😉 Late 50's RHD bugs are the best 😎

Video...
https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=avemAfcCzO0

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
GKL 7
15 years ago

Late 50's RHD bugs are the best 8)

Rich Oakley wrote:

He's finally flipped:cry:
harveypj
  • harveypj
15 years ago
Thats a great looking car Rich8)
late 50's Bugs, developed enuogh but not enough to have lost that real vintage charm:d 😎

Split verts:( ...Who'd want one of those, would'nt touch them with a barge pole:wink: :lol:

Did you read 'Pye eyed' at the back?.....just doing my bit:d
Sounds like the penny is starting to drop.

"Stock Revolution":p

Alright, its a nice thought thou

Ivan
15 years ago

That's the second best cover car i've seen:wink:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Cheers George. We tried something different - a studio shoot but adding a similar coloured lighting. I wasn't at the shoot, but from what our head designer Neil told me - he thought Peter was a bit concerned we were going to mock the stock - by being too jazzy with the pics. As you know George, that's not what we're about! Thankfully to coloured lighting really worked well, just how we wanted it to, and it makes the feature another unique high quality one from VolksWorld. It shows we're always looking to try something new.
Oh, and I've really got to say nice one to Peter for doing the car. It has honestly been one of the highlights of 2008 for me. When I saw it at Peppercorn it made my day. And he's a top bloke too.
GKL 7
15 years ago

that's not what we're about!

Ivan wrote:

HEAR,HEAR.
Rach66
15 years ago
Great article, your car looks fabulous:d
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Is this month's Volksworld a limited edition? We can't find a copy for sale 'anywhere'! :d

Ummm, perhaps Peter has been buying them all? :wink:
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab