GKL 7
15 years ago

Is this month's Volksworld a limited edition? We can't find a copy for sale 'anywhere'! :d

tman wrote:

Ivan will post you a copy if you send him a cheque for £100 care of the Volksworld office.
Etzhold1
15 years ago

Is this month's Volksworld a limited edition? We can't find a copy for sale 'anywhere'! :d

Ummm, perhaps Peter has been buying them all? :wink:

tman wrote:

I think Peter visited Belgium aswell:lol: , I can't find 1 magazine !:roll:

Guido
mrsherbie
15 years ago
I have seen the cover today! the Car looks fantastic! :beer: :d

But I dont have a copy so I havent seen anything inside yet, but I have been told that you are inciting a revolution! :lol: :beer:

Huge Congratulations!! You did do such a perfect job as a sympathetic restoration. Nowadays I only buy magazines with a stocker on the cover or good feature inside, so not so often anymore!*!

I really look forward to seeing it next year in the metal somewhere :d

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Cant seem to find a copy of it anywhere!

Bugger!

I guess my local newsagents has stopped stocking it, they dont have camper and bus either!:x
William
Jules
15 years ago

Cant seem to find a copy of it anywhere!

Bugger!

I guess my local newsagents has stopped stocking it, they dont have camper and bus either!:x

54 Gertie wrote:

You should be able to get it pretty much anywhere but it did only come out last Friday so it might need a few days!

Tesco's is a good bet, our local one sells both mags!
54 Gertie
15 years ago

You should be able to get it pretty much anywhere but it did only come out last Friday so it might need a few days!

Tesco's is a good bet, our local one sells both mags!

Jules wrote:

Yeah cheers we're about to go out and are going to call in on Sainsburys on the way back!

Wish us luck!
William
harveypj
  • harveypj
  • Stock "Wolfie" Smith Topic Starter
15 years ago

have been told that you are inciting a revolution! :lol: :beer:

Huge Congratulations!! You did do such a perfect job as a sympathetic restoration.

I really look forward to seeing it next year in the metal somewhere :d

mrsherbie wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Thankyou very much.

All things well should be at Stanford Hall
Stock......the new custom
pre67vw
15 years ago
I've just got a copy, fantastic write up :wink: thanks for mentioning the site!!

It's also GREAT considering the complete roasting that you got for re-painting it :lol:

I've also created you a new 'rank', you're probably too young to remember though so you'll have to google it. :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
15 years ago
"FREEDOM FOR TOOTING"
harveypj
  • harveypj
15 years ago

I've also created you a new 'rank', you're probably too young to remember though so you'll have to google it. :lol:

pre67vw wrote:

Thanks for that:lol: :lol: :lol: ...very good:lol::p

"Power to the Beetle"

pre67vw
15 years ago
Volksworld have put up a wallpaper image for people to download... 😎

https://www.volksworld.com/imageBank/p/peter-harvey-01.jpg 

and...

https://www.volksworld.com/imageBank/p/peter-harvey-02.jpg 

And lets not forget the 'other' GREAT feature in the mag as well...

https://www.volksworld.com/imageBank/t/taxi-011.jpg 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Just re-read the feature on this and....

"between 1976 and 2007 the car only averaged 429.5 miles a year" :shock: :wink: :lol:

Never spotted that before!:lol: :beer:

Anyway, just thought I would send this to the top for people to see!:wink: :lol:
William
tofufi
15 years ago
Just read the whole thread.

A stunning car, and you were definitely right to repaint it and preserve the car in a condition from which it won't deteriorate easily 😎
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
god the colour of that car is so nice:!:
Robb
14 years ago
awesome read and awesome car 😎

so did you pull the suspension apart and repaint/detail it?
Robb
14 years ago
oh and did you use satin or gloss powdercoated tinware?
54 Gertie
14 years ago

oh and did you use satin or gloss powdercoated tinware?

Robb wrote:

Not to take over, but I think the majority of the tin is still in OG paint. With a few areas carefully touched up.

The colour or stock tin was definately satin, not gloss.
William
harveypj
  • harveypj
14 years ago

Not to take over, but I think the majority of the tin is still in OG paint. With a few areas carefully touched up.

The colour or stock tin was definately satin, not gloss.

54 Gertie wrote:

The only engine parts I painted were the cylinder shrouds, rocker covers and the coil. I used 'PJ1 fast black engine and case paint'. Its intended for the motorcycle market. It cures onto the metal requiring no primer and is good to around 200degsC. It dries a satin finish and can be further polished up to match the glossyer finish of the original.
There is always lots of debade as to the correct sheen that should be on the tin ware.
The majority of my engine wares its original paint including the air filter that still has the original decal intact and the paint finish is deffinantly gloss, as is the fan housing.
I've got a feeling later cars may be satin finish, but in my opinion the earlier cars (6 volt) should be a gloss type finish. (sorry Will:twisted: )

I only done the rear axle/breaks as I had the gearbox sorted. I used Por15 again a gloss finish.
Its a similar product to 'smootherite'. The smooterite/hammerite paint in black however is the wrong colour, its what I'd call a browny black...too rich. The original colour is a neutral black, the other end of the spectrum being slate or greyish blacks.:shock: and you thought black was black :lol:

Robb
14 years ago
brill, yer its hard to know where to stop! :lol:

yer i think i'll re-paint the axle tubes and rear brakes etc, along with all the front axle assembly and then just do a dusting of black waxoil on the pan itself as we spoke about a while ago.

thanks for the info :d
harveypj
  • harveypj
14 years ago
I was considering taking the frond axle out and giving it a freshen up but decided against it. I'll wait until the link pins or something like that wear out...so probably never:lol:
If I get it too clean underneath I will not want to drive it.