stevo
  • stevo
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
As winter is just around the corner wondered if a tread to motivate everyone on these
cold long evenings might help?
So i'll start, after returning the engine back in on monday evening(cheers Andy Axnix)
got her out and gave her a polish!!!!  Ebay Nov 2011 020.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Ebay Nov 2011 018.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Steve.
1953 rhd zwitter.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Working today so just patted mine. :shock:

Andy w  Resize Wizard-2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Robb
12 years ago
removed the rear side windows, and replaced the rubbers......crossply tyres will be fitted tomorrow.:thumbup:
RoRoVw
12 years ago
Went into the garage and found a firework rocket lying beside the '51. Strange??
Looked up and saw a 5cm diameter hole in one of the translucent roof panels!! Must have come down like a stone and straight through the roof. Missed the car by about a foot. Then had to seal up the roof panel. Bloody bonfire night!
oval56
12 years ago
opened my door, pulled the knob from my eberspacher heater, started my 57 and used it for my way to my office at +2°C today :smile:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
heb623
12 years ago
Zero zip nothing!!!:oops:

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
pre67vw
12 years ago

Zero zip nothing!!!:oops:

heb623 wrote:

Me too... still taking things easy, but it's getting frustrating now.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
heb623
12 years ago
Believe me or not but it was better doing
"zero, zip, nothing"
in hospital than at home!!![-x

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
mrmagyar
12 years ago
The Zwitter looks great Steve! Washed my '55 today and changed the oil but to my horror found some rot that has been chomping away under the soundproofing around both the heater inlets under the back seat 😞 Time to start saving up for an expensive repair bill!
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
54 Gertie
12 years ago
I spent over an hour using a combinations of foot power and trains to get to GSF in Reading today, to collect a new master cylinder that was due in at 11:30am. I get there at about 5pm, and 'it mustn't have arrived, sorry'.

They had my phone number, but they clearly dont check the stock after it's arrived from their Heathrow depot, they wait until the customer is stood there, blood pooling in their feet, to check if it's actually arrived. Hell, they only had five whole hours to check.

Utter shower, and a begrudged apology with an offer of 'ordering it in for tomorrow'. Hmm, when have I heard that before.

Mr GSF Bigboss shall be getting a letter, hopefully I'll at least reclaim my £4.20 train fare and the cost of having the soles of my shoes replaced.

William
Lost64
12 years ago
Opened the garage door to check if my '57 Oval was still there, (thankfully it is!), and decided to have a look a suspicious lump on the rear apron. Five minutes later...., I need a new valance!!
Apparently along with underseal, the other favourite accessory in Sweden is filler. However there's a nice man in the same country called Mr. Wolf, who when he's not chasing little girls in red capes, makes very good panels.:omg:
stevo
  • stevo
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
This seems to be going well and I like checking in to see what folk have been up to!

Steve.
1953 rhd zwitter.
zelensis61
12 years ago
Today?
I sat in my oval in the garage and did alot....

A lot of thinking like, what if I change the wheels with aloys, what if I lowerd the suspension, what if I change the 30hp engine with a turbo 2.1 liter fuel injection, what if I put in a roll cage, what if I cut the oval dash and add some motometers in it? What if....:sneaky:

I whould probably be banned here!:omg:

And then I woke up and had only a bad dream:p
Actualy I did nothing :oops:
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Orderd some parts for the 59 from the good old US of A :omg:

Andy W
59 Ragtop
12 years ago

Still waiting to get the 59 up to stock ride height. King pins holding up procedings
ascort
12 years ago
Currently doing body work, filling pin holes, repairing some cracks and tears. The work is currently centred on the rear of the car and the roof, with work about to commence around the door jam area. I have also just completed repairs on the fibreglass rear seat moulding area and around the rear armrest.

Yesterday I bought an almost complete 59 36hp engine off ebay. I intend to build a replica Okrasa TSV 1300 and the cases on the ebay engine may be just what I need as that way I will not have to touch the complete stock engine that I also have. I have new/replacement stroker crank, cam, pistons, barrels, push rods, push rod tubes, heads, manifolds, carbs, throttle linkages, air cleaners, etc etc. Hopefully I will pick up the engine tomorrow.
Mark - Owner of 2 under restoration Australian coachbuilt Ascorts.
oval56
12 years ago
:roll: :d
opened the door, unkocked my waso shiftsticklock, pulled the wiperknob, pulled the eberspacher heater and startet my engine... 😛

now back to work in my office :? :cry:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Fitted both rear drive shaft seals sorted gear selection out trapped my finger spat my dummy out :d Tuck some photos for another member. Thats all for today.

Andy W
ascort
12 years ago
Today I decided to take the old engine out of the Ascort, which was a stock 36hp which I had stored in the engine bay of the car for convenience. (Yesterday I took delivery of another 36hp as well. One of these will become my Okrasa replica).

I removed the engine deck lid and placed it on the shed floor in a safe spot well away from where I was working. I then removed the engine and stored it away at the front of the shed. I then walked back through the shed, and when turning I fell ..... I have no idea on what or why ..... I landed hip first with full body weight onto the deck lid :omg: :omg:

:cry: The fibreglass is split, both hinges and mounting brackets are bent up and a steel brace is bent.:cry:

Some days you should just not get out of bed. :thumbdn: More work to do on a panel which I had completed work on. 😶
Mark - Owner of 2 under restoration Australian coachbuilt Ascorts.
pre67vw
12 years ago

Today I decided to take the old engine out of the Ascort, which was a stock 36hp which I had stored in the engine bay of the car for convenience. (Yesterday I took delivery of another 36hp as well. One of these will become my Okrasa replica).

I removed the engine deck lid and placed it on the shed floor in a safe spot well away from where I was working. I then removed the engine and stored it away at the front of the shed. I then walked back through the shed, and when turning I fell ..... I have no idea on what or why ..... I landed hip first with full body weight onto the deck lid :omg: :omg:

:cry: The fibreglass is split, both hinges and mounting brackets are bent up and a steel brace is bent.:cry:

Some days you should just not get out of bed. :thumbdn: More work to do on a panel which I had completed work on. 😶

ascort wrote:

Bugger! Well at least it sounds like you're OK, you could have bashed your head or something... a bit of fibreglass and steel to re-fix isn't the end of the world, however annoying it might be now... :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW