GKL 7
12 years ago

Chased up an order for some heater channels :d

Chris wrote:

Won't be long now matey and we'll be heading up the M6:thumbup:
pre67vw
12 years ago
Tried to start mine for the first time in about three months, but the battery was flat 😶

Also noticed that my three month old tail pipes are rusty, buy cheap - buy twice... Looks like I'll have to get some stainless ones.

UploadedFile0.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rich Oakley
12 years ago

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
vintagevw
12 years ago
Just drove the heb with this nice weather.
Everything is ok to come over next year to UK! 😉
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
ianmac
12 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQufOV4eDWo

Rich Oakley wrote:

8) :thumbup:
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Still got some issues to sort out on it. Over-fuelling and brakes are still a bit iffy. Generator is also up the swanny.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Looking mighty good! Congrats.
Caution in the driveway!:wink:

Proost! Peter.
1954 Oval L275 (in progressive refinement)
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
That looks so sweet :thumbup:

Andy W
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Fitted the n-s axle boot.Filled the transaxel up changed the oil took the o-s-r wing off to do some work on the body :omg: Also the parts from the good old US of a came :thumbup:

Andy w
Robb
12 years ago
opened the mail, to receive the missing screwdriver and spanner for my og toolrool :thumbup:
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Opend the garage door saw a pool of oil under her saw it dripping from the n-s-r-drive shaft seal jacked the n-s up shut the door and went back in to the house:x 😶

Andy W
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Orderd another seal for the leaking drive shaft and went to get some paint etc to touch up the bits i have sanded off :cry:

Andy W
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Fitted THAT seal today fingers numb too cold to play out getting nesh in my old age :thumbdn:

Andy w
Chris
12 years ago
Well tomorrow I'm going to the local UPS depot to pick up a couple of heater channels that are there waiting for me :d

Managed to get a quick look at them today, but as I didn't have any ID on me, they would not release them. That and a small matter of the tax man wanting £23.88 duty :thumbdn:

Still, that hasn't dampened my spirits and once I get them home I'll get a couple of pictures posted up. Excited ? you bet !
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Robb
12 years ago
where did you ship thm from chris? Cali?
59 Ragtop
12 years ago
Finally removed the cut and welded lowered front beam, and replaced it with the standard beam. Oh how much better it looks at proper ride height:smile: Also replaced King and Link pins. Next step MOT and black wing beading
Chris
12 years ago

where did you ship them from chris? Cali?

Robb wrote:

Had a look at the postage details and they came from Columbia. Now I know why customs had opened the package and had a good look inside :roll:

Picked them up today and first impressions are good. Haven't had a chance to go over them closely yet, will do that tomorrow when George and myself get them out and go over them like a couple of children on Christmas Day :d

Will try and get some pics up tomorrow.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
GKL 7
12 years ago

Columbia.

Chris wrote:

AH!The Shipment has arrived,take it we're in the clear:sneaky:
Old Blue
12 years ago
Looks like I have a rear wheel bearing job on Jon's oval coming up this weekend :unsure:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Mike Peckham
12 years ago

Looks like I have a rear wheel bearing job on Jon's oval coming up this weekend :unsure:

Old Blue wrote:

Has it been lowered yet? If it has, the bearings are probably running dry and you might be doing bearing changes on a regular basis... :wink:

Mike

July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.