andytheartist
12 years ago
Trying to buy a pre 67 and scared to death!....and giddy

Hi everybody, I'm Andy, an Artist and Art teacher living and working Doncaster. I am looking to buy my first VW beetle. I came extremely close to a 1968 a few months ago, even going as far as to send an inspector out! Thank God....

So I am on the hunt once again, recently engaged to be married this October and looking for the wedding car and life long project. I was wandering whether there might be anyone willing to inspect 'THE' beetle when I find it?

I have found a 1965 in white and the owner states that is has only 23,000 miles on the clock, having had 6 owners this sounds a bit too good to be true. the car is priced at £6000, no scratches, dents and solid floor pan. First feelings??

kindest regards

Andy

www.andrewfarmerfineart.co.uk
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
12 years ago
Welcome to the forum!

Yep, does sound a little too good to be true - but worth a look because you never know :wink:

You can hire Beetles for weddings (they even have a limo one if you're into that sort of thing) which may take some pressure off finding the 'right' car.

www.beetledriveuk.com 

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
andytheartist
12 years ago
cheers for the super fast reply!

It has to be my own I'm afraid, maybe I'm crazy....only time will tell. I will try to arrange a viewing this weekend.

cheers

Andy

p.s does anyone in this forum do work on beetles? for a fee of course...
69project
12 years ago
im sure there are restorers near you,maybe buy a volkworld or ultravw for companies

there are a few in the classifieds on this site that would need nothing done,with far more honest people 😛

depends when your wedding is!

for 6k for a later pre67 id expect something pretty mint
Car less.....
Si Med
12 years ago
Andy, welcome to the forums.

I can vouch for the red 65 in the classifieds here.
The owner doesn't live all that far from me and I have seen it in the flesh several times. (I don't know the owner, so this really is unbiased!)
Its a real gem...
54 UK rhd
69project
12 years ago

Andy, welcome to the forums.

I can vouch for the red 65 in the classifieds here.
The owner doesn't live all that far from me and I have seen it in the flesh several times. (I don't know the owner, so this really is unbiased!)
Its a real gem...

Si Med wrote:

that was what i was trying to direct him too....:thumbup:
Car less.....
69project
12 years ago
im assuming its this one then...

https://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2832309.htm 

looks nice but depends what it needs etc
Car less.....
mooney3019
12 years ago
thank u thank u !
vintagebug
12 years ago
Looks nice in the photos. But check it thoroughly (or have someone knowledgeable do it for you). And is that front bumper a repro?- it appears to droop at the ends...

Edit- I just realised that's not the one that's mentioned in the first post- different price & different year! I should've gone to Specsavers.

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
mooney3019
12 years ago
is it me or has it got 4 stud wheels ? 67 should have slotted 5 studs should it not ?
69project
12 years ago

Looks nice in the photos. But check it thoroughly (or have someone knowledgeable do it for you). And is that front bumper a repro?- it appears to droop at the ends...

Edit- I just realised that's not the one that's mentioned in the first post- different price & different year! I should've gone to Specsavers.

vintagebug wrote:

ignore me i have baby brain at the moment!:sleep:
Car less.....
mooney3019
12 years ago
oops have i made that mistake tooo?
andytheartist
12 years ago
cheers guys,

i've just requested more details for the 67, very cheap....hmmmmm surely a reason for it. The only thing to do is dig. cheers for the advice so far.

Andy
64rotbox
12 years ago

is it me or has it got 4 stud wheels ? 67 should have slotted 5 studs should it not ?

mooney3019 wrote:

A 1300 should have, yes. Well spotted. That's a possible black mark for a start...
You can call me Al.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago

mooney3019 wrote:

It may be a 1500. They had four bolt wheels.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
64rotbox
12 years ago

It may be a 1500. They had four bolt wheels.

JD wrote:

Could be, although the rear badge and quoted engine c.c. in the ad suggests otherwise... who knows, though.
You can call me Al.