kevsplitty
12 years ago
Got the cover fitted on the single cab & got the bottom half of the engine back together
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Lost64
12 years ago
Hi Andy,

I'll post a couple of pictures up after I've resized them.
Gavin
kevsplitty
12 years ago
Top half nearly done today
New barrels pistons
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Today was a great and busy day. Went to pick up my reupholstered oval and moved my Porsche tractor to my brothers home. Tired and satisfied now!
The tunnel carpet is installed, not yet glued tho.
 24-1-2012 (Small).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  25-1-2012 (Small).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  ovaal afhaling 002 (Small).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  ovaal afhaling 006 (Small).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  ovaal afhaling 009 (Small).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Proost! Peter.
1954 Oval L275 (in progressive refinement)
GKL 7
12 years ago

my reupholstered oval

Piet wrote:

Looks Great.
vintagebug
12 years ago

Peter, your Oval is looking fantastic :thumbup:

Dave
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Thanks a lot my friends!!
That's good support after all I've been going thru.
Now I want to forget all about it as fast as I can.
Proost! Peter.
1954 Oval L275 (in progressive refinement)
heb623
12 years ago
Piet that looks very nice!!!:thumbup:

:twisted: ET

Dave you scared me!!!:omg:
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Opend the garage door looked at her then shut the door again. Tooooo cold :thumbdn:

Andy w
heb623
12 years ago
Look Dave, I am not the only dog!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (internal joke :oops:)

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Lost64
12 years ago
The sun came out, and so did the Oval. The interior is all out except for the headlining, that's a job for another day.
I've lifted / scraped all the bitumen from around the back of the chassis, and along the tunnel, and so far it's looking very good. The floorpans are the originals, and there are no problem areas at all. I'm both delighted, but more relieved!
If the sun makes another appearance tomorrow, I'll get a bit more done.
Many apologies for taking so long to post a picture, it's been too cold up here until today.

Here goes.....,

Gavin.  019.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Stripped all the tin off the 1500 and scraped several pounds of oily crud off the bare motor. Mmmmmh! (Where´s the "totally black" smiley?)
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Rattletrap
12 years ago

If the sun makes another appearance tomorrow, I'll get a bit more done.
Many apologies for taking so long to post a picture, it's been too cold up here until today.

Here goes.....,

Gavin.

Lost64 wrote:

Interesting project you've got.:beer:

I can't believe how many ovals are this colour - I thought black was the majority.:smile:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Rattletrap
12 years ago
Opened my front door this morn, found Rattytrap my rat look '58 caked in snow yet again.

Decided to be a wimp today, went back in and shut the door.:oops:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Lost64
12 years ago
Thanks John.
Funny you mention the colour as recently there have been quite a few Agave Green Ovals appearing. Mine is almost complete, and overall is in pretty good condition. It came from Sweden and was caked in underseal, which preserved the inner wings and floorpan, however the wing mounting flanges have suffered as the wings were left on when it was done.
It's all repairable though.
Old Blue
12 years ago

Thanks John.
Funny you mention the colour as recently there have been quite a few Agave Green Ovals appearing. Mine is almost complete, and overall is in pretty good condition. It came from Sweden and was caked in underseal, which preserved the inner wings and floorpan, however the wing mounting flanges have suffered as the wings were left on when it was done.
It's all repairable though.

Lost64 wrote:

Sunroof model, has to be well worth the effort. Looks pretty original too.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Lost64
12 years ago
Old Blue,
Overall it is very original but needs work. The rear bumper hangers have been replaced with later ones, as has the left side rear body mount. There's been a bit of patch welding here and there, but all the inner wings are very solid. The floor pans are original complete with the 'studs' for the rubber mats. Sadly water has got in at the rear of the heater channels, working it's way down to the 'A' pillars, and they can't be saved without a great deal of work.
The original (February 1957) engine, gearbox, chasis and body are all still together, but the seat covers and door panels are shot.
To bring it up to the standard I want will involve a complete restoration and some panel replacement, but I've wanted a sunroof Oval for a very long time, and I'm sure it'll end up being a great car.

(Me being me, of course I'll go over the top with it, but it's mine, and whatever work it gets will ensure it'll survive for another 55 years, hopefully longer!)

Gavin.
Old Blue
12 years ago
A matching numbers sunroof oval has got to be well worth the work. You'll have a great car at the end.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Lost64
12 years ago
Thanks Old Blue.
I'm sure the car will turn out every bit as good as I hope. Despite the work it needs, it's one of the more solid and complete cars I've seen, which is always a good place to start from!!

Gavin.
kevsplitty
12 years ago
Stuck the engine back in the single cab today & it goes,so thats a start:d