vwmadeinireland
17 years ago
Thinking about selling my Rometsch Beeskow PROJECT (note all capitals), since I need money for a different project.

This is Rometsch Beeskow #255 from 1957. What you see is what you get. Doors, door windows and winder mechanisms are also there. With the car comes a floor pan (+ front axle + spring plates + wheels) and paperwork of a 1957 oval beetle (correct year). Also included in the sale are the following parts (sure there is more I forgot about): 2x NOS headlights, set of NOS Rometsch body badges, set of NOS Rometsch Beeskow converible trim (both pieces),reproduction FLAT4 St Christopher horn button (this Beeskow is the car the original came from of which FLAT4 makes these repros!), NOS license plate lights, 4x Porsche beehive taillight lenses and rings, inside door handles and window winders (split window beetle), SWF NOS indicator arm (red tip) accessory, correct Beeskow ashtray, VW convertible lock, all wood for chairs is reproduced, the correct Petri steering wheel (as pictured), correct sun visor.

Also included is a CDROM with hundreds of pictures and drawings made of a Rometsch Beeskow rear end to be guidance for reconstruction.

Price is fixed at €7500. We have both seen for what money normal
split beetles are being sold for that need complete restoration and what
money people ask for fake KDF wagens or fiberglass Porsche Speedster replicas. Yes it's A LOT of work and looks bad, but it is definitely possible to rebuild and we all know how much freshly restored Rometsch Beeskow cars cost... Exactly no one will part with their cars so they are just "not for sale". And who can blame them.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vwmadeinireland
17 years ago
Picture 2:  6783.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vwmadeinireland
17 years ago
Picture 3:  6784.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vwmadeinireland
17 years ago
Picture 4:  6785.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
17 years ago
It would be cool to see someone take that on and get it back on the road.

😎 :shock: 😎
Tina
17 years ago
A typical Brille52 project car, he is the only one known guy who will fix this one ! Please get in touch with him, he will buy it !
Strange people, strange cars, US Ghost Towns (Ruby and Bodie)
Robinson 22 and 44, Pappelen u. Jelände 911er
pre67vw
17 years ago

A typical Brille52 project car, he is the only one known guy who will fix this one ! Please get in touch with him, he will buy it !

"Tina" wrote:

Don't you want it Sharky?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
brille52
17 years ago
Thank`s for the kind words !

......but believe me : to restore ONE in your lifetime is pretty enough !!!
I really don`t need a second one - I hope , that there will be somebody out there accepting this challenge :!:

Andreas 😎
2splits
17 years ago
Judging by the license plate, that car was originally in Pennsylvania (where I live). I would be all over that car if I didn't need to ship it.
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
overrestored
17 years ago
This is a restorable car... and would get you into a Beeskow on the cheap up front. After 2 or 3 years I bet you would a have a nice car. Sure it might be cheaper to just buy Les's car for 60kUS$. But not too many people have 60kUS$ laying around to spend on car whereas a lot of people can afford to the asking price of this this car... and then feed the resto slowly. This would be a terrific long term project. Most Rometsch restorations get taken this far apart anyway as you have to get beneath the skin to fix everything... so you are actually saving some time by getting the car in this condition. I have seen lots of Rometsch cars this far apart and they all get back together just fine.

Eric Meyer
protect me from what I want
Tina
17 years ago

"pre67vw" wrote:

Don't you want it Sharky?

"Tina" wrote:

yes, i am trying to get in touch with this guy but it seems nobody home at the pc..................................!?
pre67vw
17 years ago
Tina, email me your current email address - this one is bouncing back...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Tina
17 years ago
[email protected]

thx

Tina
vwmadeinireland
17 years ago
Here a picture (taken with a mobile phone) of the parts I collected for this car that were missing. Unfortunately don't have a picture of the reproduced wood for the seats.  6822.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vwmadeinireland
17 years ago
SOLD!

The Beeskow is going to a good home in the UK. Rob, can you remove the ad please (thanks again).
six-o-one
17 years ago
That's great news!
Do you think it will be restored in time for Lavenham? :wink:
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
If the person i think has bought the car has,it will be another top job coming out of One On One Restorations sometime in the future.
Chris
17 years ago
What do you mean

it will be another top job coming out of One On One Restorations sometime in the future.

Where's the other top job ? :lol:

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
There have been several dozen,Smart Arss.
Tina
17 years ago
remember when we have been told to own 2 NOT restorable ones
and now they are running again almost
just to compare wit the 255
real good expetrs here..............