pre67vw
17 years ago
:?: :?:

Anything is restorable, it all depends on how deep your pockets are...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Tina
17 years ago
this are definitely my words from the beginning.........
Strange people, strange cars, US Ghost Towns (Ruby and Bodie)
Robinson 22 and 44, Pappelen u. Jelände 911er
Graphite58
17 years ago
:cry:
Andy Sparks
17 years ago
Wow this looks a bit different,

Hope your pockets are deep and full though i expect that they will only be deep at the end of this resto. :lol:

How's the engine?
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Tina
17 years ago
Talking in numbers: Euro 100.000 (hundretthousend) for a total Beeskow resto,
no kidding
as we alway said here, no problem with a well fitted wallet....
Graphite58
17 years ago
Dear Forum,

I have been asked by the owner of the above car to re move the photographs. I have removed them from my web host but as you can see they are at present still appearing. Please can the owner of the Pre 67 website remove them for me please.

I would like to add that I never intended to insult anybody by posting photographs without there permision. The CD rom was given to me as part of the purchase of the car and without photographic information and help I would never be able to restore #255.
pre67vw
17 years ago
removed :roll: :cry:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
brille52
17 years ago
Thanks Gilles for your kind wishes !!!
Regarding the restoration : sometimes I am in heaven and the next week I am in hell !! Sometimes it`s hot, the other day it`s cold ! But one`s for sure : a lot of work and a lot of Euros ......
You said it right, Gilles.

And to Tina : don`t forget, that the estimate of the restoration was EXCLUDED THE SURPRISES :!: :!: :wink:

But : the Elephant is on his way... 😃

andreas 😎
Tina
17 years ago
Sure i remember !
A resto is 100.000, the surprises (and be sure, there will be a lot of them) you got to pay extra 😃 😃 😃

Dear brille, you know me, i really do not care about that numbers, but i bought a brandnew Porsche 911 Speedster for this money, just a different way of diving on the road.........................
'50 Karmann
17 years ago

I have been asked by the owner of the above car to re move the photographs.

"Graphite58" wrote:

UNREAL :shock:
2splits
17 years ago

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

"Graphite58" wrote:

Amen. Why do people get so upset?
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
Tina
17 years ago
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT !

2splits
17 years ago

"Beeskow54" wrote:

"2splits" wrote:

Amen. Why do people get so upset?

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

I am the owner... And I am not upset about anybody ! It is just that there is something we forget in our evermore "information-driven" world and that I want to preserve it is my privacy and right to image.

It is one thing, and anybody's right, to take a picture of my car in HO or any public show and share it on the internet. If I do not want to show my car I just do not go to the show (and believe me it is the choice of many owners).

It is another thing to come to a private place, ask me to take a picture for private use because you make a resto and then post it for anybody to see without my specificaly agreeing. In this case, again, I have absolutely no bad feelings towards Graphite58 and am happy to share with anybody undertaking the crazy job of restoring a Romy my experiences and "ups and downs" but this is a part of my life and I prefer to share it on a one-to-one basis.

No hard feelings for anybody, just different sensitivities

All the best to all

Gilles

"Graphite58" wrote:

I understand where you are coming from, on the other hand, in a situation that is good for the hobby, I can't see the harm. If its misrepresented, thats another issue. I haven't seen the pictures that were posted, so I really have no idea, but like I said, I see your point.
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
Tina
17 years ago
absolute CORRECT for me !!!!!!!!!!!!
pre67vw
17 years ago
I can see both sides of the argument, on one side its great to see photo's of things like that and learn more about Romy's even if I don't own one (and never will) - on the other side if you allowed them only for private use then it would be annoying to see them on the web for all to see.

I'm just glad I saved them when I had the chance :wink: :lol:

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Tina
17 years ago
also a good argu